Our Commitment to Privacy
This Policy applies to the information we collect about you on the websites owned and administered by Cameo namely www.cameoknit.com, www.cameoknit.ca, www.cameosocks.com and www.cameosocks.ca, (collectively, the “Website”).
This Policy does not apply to any third-party websites, which you may access via a link on the Website. It also does not apply to information we may collect about you from sources other than this Website except to the extent that we may combine information we collect on this Website with our information we have collected about you.
Cameo does not provide your personal information to any third parties for their commercial use. As explained below, we collect certain personal information about you so that we can provide you the services you request, improve your experience and communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. As described in this Policy, we may share your information, under certain circumstances, with our affiliated companies and, with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
Cameo reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time. We will post an updated version on our Website should this Policy change in the future. You may change how you provide your personal information to us at any time.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday and product preferences when engaging in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our customer portal Website;
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase;
- Inquire about our services;
- Receive a gift package;
- Create an account;
- Subscribe to receive our emails;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event;
- Navigate to and through our website;
- Participate in Cameo social media including ratings and reviews.
We also collect information about you, such as the browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer), whether you open a particular email we send to you, what search you conducted that led you to this Website, the site you were at immediately before and immediately after visiting our Website, and how you navigate through the Website.
We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, from our other brands, or via other means not involving the Internet.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
Cookies and cookie user data. We regularly use browser tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a website. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a website or web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Study how our guests navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches
Cookies are also used to review how visitors to our website navigate our Website or interact with our email advertising. Third-party companies assist in the collection and analysis of this data. Your name, postal address or and other information is not accessed by or shared with other companies.
Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, sometimes referred to as pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Website. These technologies do not reside on your computer but are embedded in the Website and are used to communicate with the cookies on your computer so we can learn more about how you use our site. For instance, a web beacon will let us see how often you view a specific page within this Website. Web beacons can also be used to identify any cookies on your computer placed when you view an advertisement for the Website somewhere else on the Internet. This allows us to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising efforts. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Using Information We Collect
To provide you with the best possible customer experience, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message or other means about our products, services, contests and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- To help us learn more about your preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your experience;
- To analyze trends and statistics including search analytics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Websites and our business;
- To improve our product selection and customer service.
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications”, below.
Sharing Information We Collect
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers and processing payments. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Cameo or others.
We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our Websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https”.
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to call our customer service line at 1-888-442-2636.
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as “phishing”). “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email. If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with Cameo , please call us at 1-888-442-2636 immediately
Use by Children
The Site is intended for adults aged 18 and older. It is not intended for or directed at persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not register or submit personally identifiable information to or through our website. We do not collect personally identifiable information through our site from any person we actually know to be under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use our website.